I guess I'll keep the pumpkin idea going. But I actually realized I have very few Thanksgiving recipes! So, this is one of the things that makes me feel like Thanksgiving.Pumpkin Squares
Crust--
Combine: 1 c flour, 1/2 c quick oats, 1/2 c brown sugar, 1/2 c butter
Mix in mixer til crumbly on low speed. Press into a 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 min.
Topping--
Combine:
1/2 c chopped walnuts, 1/2 c brown sugar, 2 Tb. melted butter (make it while the filling and crust cook together the first time so it doesn't get too cool - during the 20 min. mentioned below)
Filling--
Combine: 2 c canned pumpkin, 2 eggs, 1 13-oz. can evaporated milk, 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp salt, 3/4 c sugar.
Mix well. Pour onto crust. Bake 20 min. at 350 degrees. Sprinkle with topping. Return to oven and bake 15-20 min longer or until filling is set. Cool in pan.
2 comments:
I do believe I've eaten these while sitting at your dining room table in your old Mapleton house. They are extremely yummy if my memory serves me correctly! :)
I remember eating them too! Oh, what fun memories!
Post a Comment