Sunday, November 23, 2008

Cornbread


I know I posted already... but I like to! :) I made this recipe recently and it's the best cornbread I've had. I've been wanting to use it to make a stuffing on the stove (my family doesn't put the stuffing in the bird -- I'd rather put oranges and lemons inside or something like that). I think it would be great in a stuffing - especially with sausage and dried cranberries or something. Some kind of bread or rolls is always important at holiday meals, too. (Hence the picture.) Anyway, here it is:

Stir together: 3/4 c. cornmeal
1 c. flour
1/3 c. sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
Mix in: 1 c. milk
1 egg
2 Tbsp. oil (vegetable or canola)
Spoon into 8" or 9" square pan or round cakepan. Bake 15 min. or so at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

No comments: