
Okay, so that's a little misleading, it's not just for Christmas, it's actually a tradition of sorts at Torger-Thanksgivings. We always insist that Jenae makes it, and I've actually never made it myself. I might next week though. :) Tom and I think it tastes just like Christmas, so the name has kinda stuck. Here's the recipe from Jenae:
Cranberry Salad
1 large box cherry jell-o
3 C water 1 1/2 C boiling, 1 1/2 C cold added
1/2 lb cranberries-fresh in a bag in the produce section
1 1/2 C sugar
1 orange unpeeled
1 apple-take out seeds
1/2 C diced celery
1/2 C chopped walnuts-which I've never added
Grind cranberries, apple, and orange; add sugar. Make the jell-o and let it stand until the jell-o is starting to set. Then add the celery and walnuts.
It's a scrumptious party for the mouth! You'll never want plain jello again!
It's a scrumptious party for the mouth! You'll never want plain jello again!
No comments:
Post a Comment