Thursday, April 9, 2009

Steamy Hot Chocolate

This is a Martha Stewart recipe I've had for a few years. It's a little strong and rich, but I like it. It's the kind of chocolate I imagine that Poirot drinks. :)

1/4 c. cocoa
1 qt. milk
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 Tb. vanilla extract
pinch of salt
Put cocoa in sauce pan. Slowly stir in the milk a little at a time until it liquefies. Add chocolate chips; melt over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Stir and heat until it just comes to boiling and remove from heat. Do not boil. Stir in vanilla and salt. Ladle into mugs; top with whipped cream or marshmallows.

I'm cold, so I've been thinking about this recipe. But, I don't have any chocolate chips! Oh, well, at least you guys can make it. ;)

1 comment:

Emily said...

yummo...sounds really good. Even if it 102 outside right now!