I ate this at a friend's house, and then begged her with the recipe.
It's quite sweet so I enjoy it with vanilla ice cream to tone it down
a bit!
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 can (81/4 oz) sliced pineapple, drained
7 (or more) maraschino cherries(optional)
6 pecan halves (I never use nuts)
Dinnette cake batter
Heat oven to 350. Heat butter in round layer pan, in oven until melted.
Sprinkle brown sugar over margarine/butter. Place 1 pineapple slice
in center of pan. Cut remaining slices into halves; arrange halves cut
side sound pineapple in center of pan. Place cherries in center or
curves of pineapple slices; arrange pecan around center slice.
Pour cake batter over fruit in pan.
Bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about
45 minutes. Invert onto heatproof plate. Let pan remain a few minutes.
Serve warm if desired with whipped cream.
Dinette Cake Batter
1 1/4 cupe flour or 1 1/2 cups cake flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup pineapple juice (from drained pineapple)
(add more juice/water/milk to make 3/4 cups)
1/3 cup shortening
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
Beat all ingredients in large mixer bowl on low speed
for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high
speed, scraping bowl occasionally, 3 minutes.
Pour into pan.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Pineapple Upsidedown Cake
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My mom and I were just talking about how much we love pineapple upsidedown cake! I've been totally in the mood for it! I'll probably be making this soon. :) Thanks, Jen.
Post a Comment