Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Applesauce Cake

I got this recipe from my friend Mari. It is soooo yummy. Great choice for a breakfast cake or just as a yummy snack. Very moist and flavorful and get this- it doesn't call for any eggs or milk. Great choice when you haven't been to the grocery store.
The only adjustment I made was a only used 1/2 c. sugar and about 1/4 c. honey to substitute for the rest of the sugar. Still just as yummy. My next experiment with it will be to try it with some whole wheat flour...I'll let you know. In the meantime, enjoy!

APPLESAUCE CAKE
1/2 c oil
1 cup sugar
1 cup applesauce
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Pour into a lightly greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until cake springs back when touched in center. We love to eat it with applesauce on top/on the side.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, looks really good! I love recipes like that you can make when you're running low on basic ingredients.