
All right, I didn't have to think too hard about this one- Tom came up with this a little while ago- when the zucchini started producing. Oh my word, when he made it you should have seen us sitting at the table eating it. It was embarrassing, it was that good. Yum! My mouth is watering just thinking about it. And the great thing is, it's good for any meal.
HARVEST VEGGIE SCRAMBLE
- by Tom
1/3 onion
3 med. potatoes, diced (red is best)
1 12 inch zucchini or yellow squash
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
cilantro
seasoning salt
pepper
1/2 C. grated cheddar (optional)
butter or cooking oil
dash of cajun seasoning (optional)
Sautee' onion, potato, and squash over high heat until potatoes are well-cooked, seasoning to taste while cooking. Add tomatoes. When tomatoes are hot, add cheese. Serve piping hot.
Tom has recently decided that almost everything is better with cajun seasoning and seasoned salt. and on this one, he was right. In fact, I'm going to have to go to the store just to buy some cajun today, because now I'm making this for dinner! We made it with cilantro fresh from our garden the first time, but have used dried (from our garden) too. Both were delicious. I've even added eggs to the scramble, also yummy. And for maximum pleasure, it should be PIPING hot! Enjoy!
HARVEST VEGGIE SCRAMBLE
- by Tom
1/3 onion
3 med. potatoes, diced (red is best)
1 12 inch zucchini or yellow squash
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
cilantro
seasoning salt
pepper
1/2 C. grated cheddar (optional)
butter or cooking oil
dash of cajun seasoning (optional)
Sautee' onion, potato, and squash over high heat until potatoes are well-cooked, seasoning to taste while cooking. Add tomatoes. When tomatoes are hot, add cheese. Serve piping hot.
Tom has recently decided that almost everything is better with cajun seasoning and seasoned salt. and on this one, he was right. In fact, I'm going to have to go to the store just to buy some cajun today, because now I'm making this for dinner! We made it with cilantro fresh from our garden the first time, but have used dried (from our garden) too. Both were delicious. I've even added eggs to the scramble, also yummy. And for maximum pleasure, it should be PIPING hot! Enjoy!
2 comments:
What kind of seasoning salt do you recommend? I haven't used a lot of it. I have the Laury's (or something) kind Emily used for her cabbage salad. Would that work?
Laury's is good, I'm not really picky about it. I just bought more and got McKormick (the really big bottle) and I think we had western family before; I usually just get whatever is cheapest...
Post a Comment