Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ideas


We could each be assigned a day of the week where we post a recipe and switch off main dish, side dish, and dessert or something like that. Because if I just started posting recipes I would get carried away and the blog would be pages long and my homework would be late. Or we could switch each week and one of us would have that week to post one recipe or recipes for main, side, and dessert or something. Or we could have a flavor of the month type thing (you know like on iron chef -- the secret ingredient is: peas!) and we could each post recipes that have that ingredient in it (as a major player in that recipe) throughout the month and then switch the ingredient the next month, taking turns choosing an ingredient... I'm kind of liking the flavor of the month idea, myself.
What do you guys think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the "flavor of the month" thing too - some months could be specific (i.e. peas) and others could be more broad (i.e. spicy dishes). I can't promise that I'll be a perfect contributor though! I seldom look at blogs, and have never posted anything on the one Matt created for us. (which is why I haven't invited anyone to it yet!)

wisp said...

Does anyone want to choose a theme for September? (Or we could wait and do October if it's kind of late.) I could do it if you want, I just don't want to be all "the boss" acting-likeness. But, I've thought of a few good ones already, so it wouldn't be a problem if'n ya want.

Emily said...

Yay! I love the flavor of the month thing and can't wait to get started.

Di said...

Yay for month flavors! What a great Idea. I will strive to be attentive and participate... do we get bonus points for making recipes posted? Hey Jenn, any baby yet?