Monday, September 29, 2008

Easy Taco Soup

Ok, this is DEFINITELY not very gourmet but it's good! This recipe is a great crockpot recipe. Everytime I use my crockpot I wonder why I don't use it everyday! Who can't love dumping a bunch of stuff in the pot in the morning and having the most yummy dinner that night?
Anyway, this easy recipe is a great falltime meal and uses mostly things I try to keep on hand.

1 can chili
1 can corn
1 can diced/stewed tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1 can black beans
1 1/2 - 3 T. dry taco seasoning

Combine all ingredients in the crockpot and cook on low 4-6 hours. I like to serve this with corn chips, cheese, and avocado.

2 comments:

wisp said...

This sounds great! I really love black beans in any recipe, so I'll need to try it as soon as possible. Thanks, Em! Tomorrow starts October so we'll need a new theme. Em, do you want to do it? Do you guys want to take turns, or would it be easier if I did the theme each month and you guys post the recipes? I wouldn't mind doing that, I know you all are really busy with your families and responsibilities and I could use the distraction right now. Whatever you guys want to do is cool with me. :)

wisp said...

He who is silent is understood to consent.
Besides, it's October now!