I just threw this recipe together when I was hungry while John was at training. :) So, the measurements aren't precise or anything. Just add as much as you think works for your taste.2-6 eggs, depending on how many people you serve
Add:
Dill, fresh or dried - try a tablespoon
Garlic Powder - about 1/4 teaspoon
Onion Powder - about 1/4 teaspoon
A little hot sauce - a few drops
Just a bit of nutmeg - a pinch or a dash
Shredded cheese - about a small handful (cheddar, white cheddar, swiss, or jarlsberg are all good in it)
Salt and Pepper
Whisk it all together, breaking up the yolks, so that it is all mixed well. Add about a tablespoon of butter to a large frying pan (a deeper one might be best) and melt it on medium-low heat (a 4 works well on my stove). When it starts to bubble, add the egg mixture. Let it sit a few seconds, then stir it around with a spatula, scraping the pan to lift up the cooked egg; break up large chunks with the spatula. Keep doing this until the eggs are fully-cooked but still moist. If they are browning, the heat is too high. Serve with toast and juice or other cozy breakfast food. Great for dinner. :)
1 comment:
I'll have to try this...I have a bunch of dill seasoning, but I'm not that big on dill...this sounds good tho :D
Post a Comment