Well, I haven't tried it yet, but I'll be making it today or tomorrow! I've always wanted to use lady fingers in a recipe, so I'm excited! (Yes, it's another Rachael Ray recipe. Tee hee.)1 c. heavy cream, divided
2 8-oz. containers mascarpone cheese
1/2 c. confectioners sugar
1 bag frozen strawberries, deforsted
1/2 c. water
1 pkg. lady fingers
Cocoa powder, to varnish
In a medium mixing bowl, whip 1/2 c. of the heavy cream to soft peaks with a hand mixer. In a large bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 c. of heavy cream, mascarpone cheese, and confectioners sugar. The cream will loosen up the mascarpone cheese, making it easier to mix with the other ingredients. Using a rubber spatula, fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone cheese mixture. In a blender, combine strawberries and 1/2 c. water. Blend until you have a smoothie-like texture. Set aside until ready to assemble. Layer the bottom of a square baking dish with lady fingers. Ladle half of the strawberry puree, then half of the mascarpone cheese mixture. Layer the lady fingers, strawberry puree, then mascarpone cheese mixture again, and dust with cocoa powder.
2 comments:
By the way, I've made it twice now and it's REALLY good. Just let it sit about 8 hours or so to get the best result.
adding another to my must try list...
Post a Comment