I looked this up somewhere online yesterday because I had bananas that needed eating and we had been watching a cake competition on Food Network! :)1/2 c. solid Crisco/margarine/butter
1-1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs, separated
1 c. mashed, ripe bananas
2/3 c. buttermilk
2 c. flour, sifted
1 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
Cream sugar and crisco. Add egg yolks and mashed bananas. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together. Add alternately with milk to sugar mixture. Beat egg whites with baking soda until stiff; fold into mixture. Blend in vanilla. Bake at 350 derees for 35-40 minutes in 8x12 inch cake pan, greased. Frost with a Butter Cream Frosting.
My changes: I used margarine instead of crisco. I just spoon the flour into my measuring device and I stirred the dry ingredients together before adding them. I also did not blend in the vanilla, I folded it in, or why else go to all the trouble of stiff peaks if you are going to blend all the air back out? Silly. I also added 2 tsp. vanilla instead of one. (A habit I picked up from Martha Stewart. She always goes heavy on the vanilla.) I used a 9x13 pan because I haven't even heard of an 8x12 pan and it was done and fine after 35 minutes. :) I hope you guys like it!
1 comment:
yummmmmmmmmmmm
Post a Comment